Technical inquiries about Moodle?
Other Moodle Tips
- Online courses do not have the same turn around time as those offered face to face. Provide extra time for student interaction and clarification.
- If you have an offline assignment, download a blank grade sheet from the grade book to have the correct format to bulk upload grades instead of entering grades one by one.
- Try to mark all assignments out of 100. The grade book set up will take care of calculations and the ’rounding up’ will therefore only take place once.
- Keep the final grade and one other assignment ie. participation grade, hidden until the end of the course to allow for grade manipulating.
- Be consistent with your delivery. For example, if you use forums, use the same type throughout the course. If you change a style, let the class know.
- Keep your course template uncluttered and logically structured.
- Change you Text editor preference to TinyMCE if you would like to have greater display options ie. ability to change fonts and text colours.
- Check all links to ensure they are active before making them public.
- If you have a large class, set up a hidden forum for TA’s to communicate with each other and eliminate repetitive emails.
- Set up a non graded forum for students to communicate with each other.
- If you require further assistance, contact email@example.com