Content-related inquiries specific to your course?
Please contact your Professor or TA.
Technical inquiries about Moodle?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will result in a ticket being generated automatically which is in a queue visible to all AMPD Computing staff.
Moodle Student FAQ for Students
Other Moodle Tips
- Text Editor: Select Tiny MCE – this will allow you to add visuals, media, and font options. Click your name (upper-right) > Edit Profile > Preferences > Editor Preferences > Select “Tiny MCE”
- Image uploads: Resize images before uploading
- Audio/Video uploads: If sharing video or audio, try to upload in .mp4 or .mp3 files (100mb – default any larger)
- Copyright: If posting an image or video that is not your own work, always acknowledge the source
- Lecture Recordings: If it does not play, try using a different browser – preferred browsers are Chrome and Firefox
- Course Documents: If you are not able to open course documents that have been downloaded, visit student.computing.yorku.ca/software to see a wide variety of discounted and free software downloads
- Moodle Timeout: Moodle has an idle timeout of 4 hours. If you are inactive for 4 hours, you will be logged out and unsaved work may be lost due to inactivity.